Our Mission is to:
- Connect people, places and organisations across all sectors and localities in the UK through membership of the Belong Network to disseminate knowledge and best practice on integration.
- Support and develop all those who are delivering cohesion, integration and intercultural work; giving them the resources, skills, inspiration and confidence to lead and champion this vital work.
- With our members raise the profile of this vital work, developing a shared voice, improving practice and influencing policy so that together we can make an integrated society an everyday reality.
- We value our members who are leading the way on cohesion and integration across the UK. Their experience, knowledge and insight informs and influences the strategic direction of the Belong Network.
- We value generous collaboration – no one organisation alone can solve the divisions in UK society. Only by working in partnership with others can we achieve our vision of a more integrated society.
- We value evidence-based practice and research and maintaining a focus on ‘what works’. We are open minded and curious, actively encouraging new ideas, learning and innovation in order to transform practice and policy.
- We are an inclusive organisation. We celebrate the benefits of diversity for a better society. We welcome and respect difference and operate within an Equalities framework and best practice.
- We welcome courageous and bold conversations about difference underpinned by a commitment to strengthen social bonds, emphasise shared interests and build common ground
- We are professional and trustworthy, open and transparent about our policies and practices.